I always dreamed I would be a person who loves to cook fancy meals. But it never happened. So here is my reality. Maybe it will help you. Life is busy!
I basically do the same thing every week.
- look through my fridge before I go shopping. If there is enough there to do a few more days, I wait to shop.
- If there is just a bit left, I create a meal with the ingredients.
- I write a shopping list.
- The list always contains the same things: Meats/Fish, fresh, frozen and canned Vegetables, good quality fats (avocado, ghee, olive, and coconut oil) That’s it!
- I also check my cupboards to see that I have: coconut milk in a carton and a can (read labels!), bone broth, (I order this broth from Kettle and Fire and use it almost every day!), fruit for the family ( don’t eat fruit except freeze-dried berries in my tea. You can see more about my tea and Whole 30 finds at my Amazon Store)
- My meal plan is simply this: I take any protein, vegetable, and fat and I use seasonings to either make it: Roasted, grilled, baked, soup, stew, slow cooker, sautee, curry, etc.
- Finally, we ALWAYS make more than we need and eat it for our dinner or the next day for breakfast. (You can freeze things too, but we live in a camper, so I can’t! lol!)
hat’s it!! So all week, we get up and say, Curry! Or Grilled! or whatever!!
I hope this helps a little.
xoxo Sally Baer